QUALITY NURSING CARE NEAR PATTAYA
Namthip Nursing home is the creation Kanmanas Sornprom, 47 years old, senior nurse who has been involved in managing nursing staff in most of Pattayas top hospitals. As someone who has dedicated her life to nursing she saw the need for quality and affordable nursing in the Pattaya area for those requiring after hospital care.
Her vision is a safe environment where the patient becomes part of the “family”. Still working s a nursing teacher at the local nursing college Kanmanas is very well qualified to monitor and improve the nursing qualities of the staff. In her words ” I look for people who love to help other people as this I can’t teach. Everything else I can teach my staff.” Or in other words Nurse Kanmanas staff are handpicked for their caring and loving personalities and then trained to the highest standards in patient car.
Namthip Nursing Home provides 24 hour care suitable for patients recovering from many conditions including Alzheimers, Dementia, Stroke, Heart Problems, Diabetes and General recovery nursing as well as care for elderly patients who are too weak to care for themselves.
PHILOSOPHY OF CARE:
The Management and Staff of Namthip Nursing Home, are committed to working together with other professionals in providing for our Residents a common sense of wellness, belonging, acceptance, respect, understanding, support and inclusiveness as we strive to grow in and deliver care as far as possible reflecting the wishes and aspirations of our Residents. Towards end of life our aim is to deliver care, which meets his/her physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs and respects his/her dignity and autonomy.
HOW WE WILL ACHIEVE OUR PHILOSOPHY OF CARE:
- We have specific plans of care for each individual through which we can ensure that the needs of each Resident are fulfilled.
- We provide trained, respectful and caring staff to offer care and professional service to each Resident.
- Our staff training programmes ensure that nursing and care staff are responsive to the needs of the Resident and that ‘best practice’ techniques are sought out and utilised on an ongoing basis.
- We will ensure comfortable accommodation and a range of services are available in a relaxed, comfortable and secure setting.
- We acknowledge and embrace that the rights of the Resident in relation to privacy, dignity, independence and choice are respected at all times.
- We will seek professional advice and consult with the Resident, the family of the Resident where applicable and the nursing/care staff, when decision making in relation to a patient’s treatment and plan of care.
Basic and extra services available
Basic monthly rate is 40000 baht including only Thai food or 50000 Baht including Western food. Services included in the basic rate are:
- 24-hour-per-day nursing care including regular monitoring of blood pressure temperature and heart rate;
- use of customarily stocked equipment, including but not limited to crutches, walkers, wheelchairs or other supportive equipment, including training in their use when necessary, unless such items are prescribed by a doctor for regular and sole use by a specific resident;
- fresh bed linen, as required
- meals and snacks and drinks catering for individual dietary needs depending on the patients condition;
- laundry services, clothing, bedding etc washed and cleaned when ever required
- daily supervised exercise and physiotherapy in our physio center or at the patients bedside if required including electro stimulation therapy and chest stimulation, see physio page;
- use of pool as part of physiotherapy or for pleasure;
- assistance and/or supervision, when required, with activities of daily living, including but not limited to toileting, bathing, shaving, hair care feeding and assistance with getting from place to place;
- general household medicine cabinet supplies, including but not limited nonprescription medications, materials for routine skin care, dental hygiene, care of hair, etc., except when specific items are medically indicated and prescribed for exceptional use for a specific resident;
- the use of all equipment, medical supplies and modalities used in the care of nursing home residents, including but not limited to catheters, hypodermic syringes and needles, irrigation outfits, dressings and pads, etc.;
Extra services Namthip Nursery can organise although patients must cover third party charges.
- Acupuncture is associated with recovery from a number of conditions.
- Thai Massage is available to help with aches, flexibility. Also can help with stroke recovery.
- Doctors visits can be arranged alternatively transport can be arranged for hospital visits.
- Blood testing avaiable
- External activities such as outings with family. Transport and nursing care can be arranged but must be paid for